Roads & Traffic Updates Calendar
Find out what's happening on Edmonton's roads.
About the Service
The Roads & Traffic Updates calendar provides information about what's happening on Edmonton's roads that could impact your drive, including:
- Major road closures and detours
- Road construction
- Travel delays
- Emergencies and special events that impact traffic
Events are updated regularly to provide the most current information available on major road closures, detours and travel delays. The dates and times provided may change due weather conditions and other factors that affect construction.
How Do I Obtain the Service?
For infomation about road closures, detours and tavel delays visit the online Roads & Traffic Updates calendar. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For more information about projects and events contact:
Notices and Service Changes
The Roads & Traffic Updates calendar has many new interactive features and lots of additional information about major projects:
- Find out about road construction in your neighbourhood
- Search for events by day, category or keyword
- Add events to your iCal (i.e. Microsoft Outlook and Apple iCal)
- Share events by email or text message
- Customize and subscribe to RSS feeds
- What are the boundaries for North, South and Central areas?
- How can I tell if event information is new or has changed?
- What is RSS?
- 1. What are the boundaries for North, South and Central areas?
- North Saskatchewan River
- Whitemud Dr. west of the river
- Yellowhead Tr. east of the river
- East/west - 75 St. to Groat Rd.
- North/South - 112 Ave. to 82 Ave.
- 2. How can I tell if event information is new or has changed?
New and updated events are flagged on the event list by these icons:
* New Event
! Updated Event Details
¹ Updated Date/Time
Events stay flagged as new/updated for 3 days. Events can also be tracked by subscribing to an RSS feed or signing up for email notifications.
- 3. What is RSS?
Really Simple Syndication (RSS) provides an information feed that can be used to track new and updated events on the Roads & Traffic Updates calendar without having to visit the web page. Use your web browser (i.e. Internet Explorer/MozillaFirefox) or a feed reader to view RSS feeds.
Customize RSS feeds from the Roads and Traffic Updates calendar by selecting category filters and clicking the RSS button.
For more information visit: