Stony Plain Road Streetscape from 149 Street to 158 Street
Project Update - August 2014
- Traffic signals at the 149 Street intersection have been completed.
- Streetlights have been installed on the north side of Stony Plain Road.
- Coloured concrete has been installed on the north side of Stony Plain Road from 152 Street to 149 Street.
- Secondary electrical work for the parkette on 152 Street south is finished.
- Complete streetlights on south side of Stony Plain Road from 152 Street to 149 Street.
- Remove 152 Street south of Stony Plain Road for parkette construction.
- Complete reconstruction of 150 Street.
- Complete sidewalk on 152 Street north.
Lane Reduction - Starting May 5, 2014
Stony Plain Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction for six months starting Monday, May 5 for road rehabilitation as part of the Stony Plain Road streetscape project.
About the Project
Stony Plain Road Streetscape Improvements
Stony Plain Road is emerging as one of West Edmonton’s key destinations. In 2013, the City began streetscape improvements to help make Stony Plain Road more accessible, better designed and pedestrian-friendly.
Stony Plain Road streetscaping is a part of the City’s revitalization of Jasper Place, which includes turning Stony Plain Road into a mixed-use “main street” accessible by a variety of transportation modes.
It will focus on Stony Plain Road between 149 Street and 158 Street, including the side streets up to the alley. Streetscape improvements will continue between 158 Street and 170 Street following the completion of the 149 Street to 158 Street phase.
Where We Are Today
Stony Plain Road Streetscape is now in the Build Stage. Roadway construction began in 2013 with completion expected for fall 2014.
Spring 2013 - Fall 2014
149 Street - 158 Street Construction (Stage 1)
Following Stage 1 Completion
158 Street - 170 Street (Stage 2)
Project Update - June 2014
Work continues on the Stony Plain Road Streetscape with several milestones having been reached.
- Traffic signals completed at 152 Street and 151 Street
- Streetlight construction underway
- Gold headers and crosswalks at 158 Street and 157 Street completed
- Street has been reconstructed on both sides of Stony Plain Road on 155 Street, 154 Street and the north side of 153 Street
- Sidewalk removals and grading complete on north side of Stony Plain Road from 152 Street to 151 Street
Public Information Session - April 25, 2013
The following information was presented at the drop-in meeting, held on April 25. City representatives will present the final design plans and will share construction staging details for the streetscape project.
For more information:
Paul St. Arnaud