Street CleaningSpring 2016 street sweeping is complete for the season.
All the debris collected will go to the sand recycling centre to be cleaned and stored for winter use.
- Between approximately 150,000 to 180,000 tonnes of materials are used to sand Edmonton's roads each winter.
- In spring, the debris is collected on over 4700 km of roadway.
- Park crews sweep sand, dirt and debris from city boulevards, on major roadways along the curb areas for street sweepers to pick up.
- Road crews start street sweeping on a road after the boulevards are cleaned.
- 80% of the sand collected during Spring Clean-Up is reused.
For More Information
Please Note: Our email is monitored Monday to Friday during business hours.
For all concerns and questions please call 311. Operators are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
|Telephone||In Edmonton : 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311