ETS Facebook Back-To-School and Work Contest
After a carefree summer, it is nearly time to hit the books or go back to work again! But before you do, ETS wants to send you back to school or work in style with some new technology.
Up for grabs are 2 Kobo eReaders: 1 Kobo Vox Touchscreen Colour eReader and 1 Kobo eReader Touch Edition, as well as a $50 Edmonton City Centre gift card and 2 ETS swag packages.
Between August 15 to 31, 2012, we want you to try the new ETS To Go website (the ETS Trip Planner optimized for mobile devices).
- Use ETS To Go at www.takeETS.com/ETSToGo, on your mobile device or computer to plan your trip from your starting location to your final school/post-secondary/work location.
- Write down all the steps you took to get your final trip plan. (ex. “Picked ‘Plan Your Trip’, selected this function, entered this location”, etc.)
- Take a screenshot of your final “Your Trip Information” trip plan.
All interested ETS Facebook Fans must provide all of the following required information in order to be eligible to enter the contest:
Email takeETS@edmonton.ca with the following information.
Email subject line: “ETS Facebook Back-To-School/Work Contest”
- The steps you took to get your final trip plan
- Attach your screenshot of the trip plan
- Full name
- Phone number
- Email address
Please do not post your personal information on the ETS Facebook Fan page. Phone number and email address information will be used only for the purpose of contacting contest winners.
Be sure to click the “Share” button to help pass this along to your friends and family.
Contest will be open from August 15 to 31, 2012. The start of the contest will be announced by a post on the ETS Facebook Fan page. The winners will be chosen randomly from all entries with detailed trip plans. One entry per person please.
*** Bonus ***
If the Facebook contest post reaches at least 10 “Shares” and the ETS Facebook Fan page reaches 4,200 Facebook Fans/”Likes” by August 31, 2012, we will add an additional prize of a Samsung 7” 8gb Galaxy Tab 2 tablet, (valued at approximately $250)! There will be up to 6 winners.
“eReader” winners: (2 winners)
- 1 Kobo Vox Touchscreen Colour eReader (valued at approximately $180)
- 1 Kobo eReader Touch Edition (valued at approximately $100)
“Casual Shopper” winner: (1 winner)
- 1 $50 Edmonton City Centre gift card (valued at $50)
“ETS Swag” winners: (2 winners)
- 1 ETS swag bag (valued at approximately $50) x 2
Each swag bag contains various ETS-branded goodies; may include notebook, water bottle, clip, pen, bag and lunch bag.
*** Bonus prize: “Android Tablet” winner: (up to 1 winner) ***
- 1 8 gb Samsung 7” Galaxy Tab 2 tablet (valued at approximately $250)
There is no purchase required to enter the contest. The chances of winning are dependent on the number of entries received. Contest is open to ETS Facebook Fans (open to existing and new Fans), who are Edmonton Capital Region residents and are 18 years of age or older. If a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian may accept the prize on their behalf. “Like” us at www.facebook.com/takeETS. Contest is not open to current Edmonton Transit employees.
Contest will be open from Wednesday August 15, 2012 after its start is announced by post on the ETS Facebook Fan page and closes at 23:59 mountain standard time on Friday August 31, 2012. Interested Facebook Fans can opt themselves in to enter the contest during this period. Up to 6 winners will be chosen randomly from all entries with detailed trip plans.
- In order to receive their prize, each contest winner must correctly complete a mathematical skill-testing question, and sign a standard declaration and release form confirming compliance with the contest rules together with a consent for The City of Edmonton to use the winner’s name and likeness online and in print in any other media in connection with the contest and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
- Contest winners are responsible for picking up the prizes during normal weekday business hours within 5 working days of contest winner successfully answering the skill-testing question. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure of the prize winner to successfully answer the skill-testing question within 5 working days of notification of selection may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- The electronic prizes are for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 tablet, Kobo Vox Touchscreen Colour eReader and Kobo eReader Touch Edition only. It is the responsibility of the winners to account for any additional costs that may be associated with data plans, tablet applications, tablet accessories, etc.
- Entrants agree to abide by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions of the contest judge, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this contest. By entering, participants release and hold harmless The City of Edmonton, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this contest or prize won, including any travel related thereto.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. All participants are providing information to City of Edmonton and not to Facebook.
This personal information is being collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.A. 2000, c. F-25 (FOIP) and will be used for ETS Back-To-School and Work contest purposes. It is protected in accordance with the privacy provisions of FOIP. If you have any questions about the collection, you may contact Christina Chu, Interactive Marketing Specialist, at Christina.Chu@edmonton.ca., or at 780-496-9959, Churchill LRT Station, 99 Street & 102A Avenue, Edmonton, AB T5J 2C3.
For more information: