Sports and Recreational
Located at 11000 Stadium Road
Having undergone a $23-million facelift for the 2001 World Championships in Athletics, the stadium is among North America's finest, sporting a professional football field with a state of the art Mondo 400-metre track. With seating capacity in excess of 60,000, it is the largest stadium in Canada and the only major stadium with natural grass. Home to the Edmonton Eskimos, major concerts and the 2002 & 2010 Grey Cup.
- You can take the LRT to the Stadium LRT Station. Leaving from Downtown you can also take the Route 2 going Eastbound on 102 Avenue at 100 Street, Bus Stop #1707.
- Leaving from West Edmonton Mall, take the Route 2 to Stadium Station.
- Leaving from Southgate Transit Centre, take the Route 9 to Downtown (101 Street and Jasper Avenue) go into the Central LRT Station and take the Northbound LRT to Stadium Station.
Note: some Special Events may have Park & Ride Service.
Kinsmen Sports Centre
Located at 9100 - Walterdale Hill
This year-round facility, accredited by the Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology, features five swimming pools, two running tracks, the Keltie Byrnes Fitness Centre and racquetball, squash, tennis, badminton and volleyball courts.
- Leaving from Downtown take the Route 9 (displaying Southgate) Southbound on 101 Street and 102 Avenue, Bus Stop #1243 to 109 Street and 82 Avenue. Cross 109 Street and head back Northbound on Route 9 (displaying Northgate). The bus will take you down Walterdale Hill stopping across from the Kinsmen Sports Centre.
- Leaving from Southgate Transit Centre, take the Route 9 (displaying Northgate).
For more information:
Contact Customer Services