Bikes on LRT
Outside of the peak hours indicated below, cyclists can travel with their bicycles in any direction on the LRT. There are no hourly restrictions for bicycles on Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays.
Monday to Friday:
7:30am to 9am - no bicycles
4pm to 5:30pm - no bicycles
It's as Easy as 1-2-3!
1. Please walk your bike in LRT stations and vehicles. You may use stairs, escalators or elevators (except where noted) providing you yield to the right-of-way of others. Hold onto your bike at all times when using stairs, escalators or elevators,
2. You pay the regular ETS fare while your bike rides free!
3. Please enter and exit through the middle doors of the LRT vehicle. The bent poles at the doors allow for easier access. Please allow other passengers to exit and enter the LRT first. Green signs are posted on the LRT doors to show which ones to use.
Please stay with your bicycle at all times while in LRT stations and vehicles. Stand beside your bike and hold onto it while riding the LRT.
- Straddle or sit on your bike
- Prop your bicycle up against an LRT seat, door or any place else that might cause damage or injury
- Chain your bicycle to a pole, seat, or other equipment in an LRT station or vehicle.
Please ensure no mud or grease drops from your bicycle onto LRT stations, vehicles or other passengers. Children (under the age of 16 years) bringing bicycles in LRT stations and vehicles pay an adult fare unless accompanied by an adult
ETS may, at any time, refuse entrance to cyclists due to crowded trains or platforms, or unsafe conditions (e. g. before or after a concert or football game). Regulations for bicycle travel on the LRT are governed by a City of Edmonton -
Conduct of Transit Passengers - Bylaw No. 8353. ETS is not responsible for damages incurred or caused by or to bicycles on ETS property.
For more information:
Contact Customer Services