Popular Searches
  • Budget
  • Careers
  • Eco Stations
  • Edmonton Maps
  • Neighbourhood Blading
  • Pay Tickets
  • Recreation Programs

Contact Us Visiting?

Universal Transit Pass (U-Pass)

Photo of people waving from a bus 
Edmonton Transit partners with regional transit service providers St. Albert Transit (StAT) and Strathcona County Transit (SCT), to offer a Universal Transit Pass (U-Pass) program to eligible students at the University of Alberta, MacEwan University, the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) and NorQuest College.

The U-Pass provides eligible students at participating institutions with with unlimited travel on regular ETS service (including DATS), as well as on St. Albert Transit and Strathcona County transit systems.

U-Pass - Stickers and Validity

  • U-Pass stickers are available from participating institutions in August for Fall session (September – December), early December for Winter term (January – April) and in April for Summer term (May - August), where applicable
  • U-Pass stickers are issued by the institution for each term and are placed on student photo identification cards issued by the post-secondary institution.
  • The current U-Pass sticker on the student card is the U-Pass. It must be displayed upon boarding to bus operators and must be with the student at all times on the LRT.
  • There is NO grace period for U-Pass. Students attempting to use transit services with a U-Pass outside the validity period risk a $250 fine for fare evasion. If you do not have a valid U-Pass sticker on your student card, you are required to pay regular fare for transit service.


Refer to our U-Pass frequently asked questions.

2015 Fall Term U-Pass Information

Fall Term 2015 U-Pass is valid September 1 - December 31, 2015.

Fall Term U-Pass is available to eligible students of the University of Alberta, MacEwan University, NAIT and NorQuest College.

U-Pass Expiry

Please note that there is no grace period for U-Pass.

You must have the proper sticker attached to your ID card prior to using transit. If you do not have the sticker, please pay the regular cash fare for transit service. U-Pass stickers become valid on the first day of the month which begins the applicable school term.

Students traveling on buses and LRT who continue to use their U-Pass beyond the expiry date risk a $250 fine for evasion.

Fall Term U-Pass: Valid September 1 - December 31
Winter Term U-Pass: Valid January 1 - April 30
Spring/Summer U-Pass: Valid May 1 - August 31

U-Pass Information - Institutions

For information regarding sticker distribution and U-Pass program information related to your institution check your institution's U-Pass webpages.

If your institution is not part of the U-Pass program, please contact your students' association to indicate your interest and for future information on participation.

Transit Service Information

For Edmonton Transit service to University of Alberta, MacEwan, NAIT and NorQuest College Campuses:

Regional Transit Service

Students riding St. Albert Transit (StAT) should call 780-418-6060 for service and student pass information. Students riding Strathcona Transit (SCT) should call the Transit Center Customer Service line at 780-449-9719 for service and student pass information.

Outlying Communities

Please Note: ETS transit service to certain outlying communities is contracted service only, and is not included in the U-pass program. These outlying communities are Fort Saskatchewan (Route 198), Spruce Grove (Route 197), the Edmonton International Airport (Route 747) and Leduc.

More information on transit to these communities:

For more information:

Contact ETS Customer Service Centre
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/takeETS