Jobs at ETS - FAQ
You can get ETS employment information in several convenient ways:
- Postings can be viewed and applied on, at the City's webpage at www.edmonton.ca/careers
- Employment Postings and application forms are located at the Employment Center in City Hall.
- Postings may be advertised in the Edmonton Journal, Edmonton Sun, Employment Centers, Federal Government Job Bank or any other forms of media
All interested applicants must submit an application on a current posting for the applicable position.
- You will receive an automated notification confirming the receipt of your application.
- You can view the status of your application by logging in to "My Jobpage" using your username and password.
- Your application is captured in our database and will be reviewed against the position you have applied for.
- Your application will remain on file in our database and will be considered for the specific position for which you have applied.
Applicants may be initially screened out because they:
- failed to demonstrate a proven ability to work with people and/or customers
- have too many demerits or have a license suspension
- previous application wait period has not yet ended
- failed to meet minimum qualifications in pre-screening questionnaire
Applicants will not be considered unless they provide an abstract with no more than three demerits and no suspensions in the previous two year period.
In some cases, applicants have not provided sufficient information to establish minimum qualifications.
ETS Operators must possess great interpersonal skills with a proven ability to deal with the public, in addition to the capability of driving large vehicles. Applicants with backgrounds in customer service and driving tend to be considered before those with solely driving or trades backgrounds.
Applicants must score above 80 per cent on our competency-based interview to be considered. Some candidates score well on the interview, but are lacking in another area, and are, therefore, unsuccessful. An interview does not guarantee a position for any applicant. Candidates who were interviewed and not chosen are sent a letter of regret.
For More Information
For general information about a career with ETS.