Seasonal Parking Ban
Seasonal Parking Ban Notice
A seasonal parking ban on designated bus routes will be put into effect in Edmonton when there is a significant snowfall that requires the plowing of major roadways. A minimum of 8 hours notice will be given.
The ban will be announced through the following means:
- news conference
- public service announcement
- City of Edmonton’s Transportation web pages
- email notifications (once registered, please adjust your spam filters to include the City as a "safe sender")
- digital messaging boards deployed throughout the city
- electronic messaging on the front of Edmonton Transit buses
- postings on Twitter and Facebook
Once the ban is in effect (following the notification period), vehicles parked where the "Seasonal Parking Ban" signage is in place must be removed from those routes.
Please Note: The parking ban remains in effect until notification is sent out by the City of Edmonton. Do not assume that it is legal to park on a plowed bus route until the ban has been officially lifted. Vehicles parking on bus routes with ‘Seasonal Parking Ban’ signs before the ban has ended are subject to tagging and towing.
Are You On A Bus Route?
ETS has a system map of the entire bus route network. If you are unsure where the bus routes are in your neighbourhood, check the ETS map.
For more information:
Please Note: Our email is monitored Monday to Friday during business hours.
For all concerns and questions please call 311. Operators are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
|Telephone||In Edmonton : 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311