Drive less, live more
According to the Canadian Automobile Association, the average cost of owning and operating a car is over $9,000 a year. Sharing a ride can help offset these costs.
Sharing a ride even once a week can help ease the stress of commuting and save you more than 10% of your commuting costs.
It’s also an efficient and sustainable way to help reduce road congestion and CO2 emissions.
I’m Heading that Way
Sharing a ride is as simple as talking to your friends and family, work colleagues and classmates, and social networks.
Coordinate rides with:
- Parents with children participating in the same sports teams or group activities or attending the same school;
- Neighbours to shorten the workday commute by driving to park and ride lots at transit and LRT stations;
- Family and neighbours for trips to the grocery store, mall, farmers’ market, or festivals;
- Teammates to share a ride to games and save parking hassle;
- Friends for a night out to dinner, a show, concert, festival or sports event; or
- Colleagues to get to and from work once a week or more.
Use this checklists after you have found someone to share a ride with. Discuss the following items with your ride-share partner(s).
Park and Ride
Five carpool parking stalls are conveniently located at each of the following LRT Park and Ride facilities. Any vehicle with two or more passengers may use these reserved stalls, no registration required.
Stadium LRT Station
Belvedere LRT Station
Clareview LRT Station
Find out where all the regular park and ride locations are.
For More Information
13th Floor, Century Place
9803 – 102A Avenue