Carpooling in Edmonton
A Better Way to Get There
According to the Canadian Automobile Association, the average cost of owning and operating a car is over $9,000 a year. Carpooling can help offset these costs.
Carpooling even once a week can help ease the stress of commuting and save you more than 10% of your commuting costs.
Carpooling is also an efficient and sustainable way to help reduce road congestion and CO2 emissions.
Carpooling for Work and for Play
Starting a carpool is as simple as talking to your friends and family, work colleagues and classmates, and social networks about sharing a ride.
The possibilities are endless. Arrange a carpool with:
- Parents with children participating in the same sports teams or group activities or attending the same school;
- Neighbours to shorten the workday commute by driving to park and ride lots at transit and LRT stations;
- Family and neighbours for trips to the grocery store, mall, farmers’ market, or festivals;
- Teammates to share a ride to games and save parking hassle;
- Friends for a night out to dinner, a show, concert, festival or sports event; or
- Colleagues to get to and from work once a week or more.
Park and Ride Carpool ParkingFive carpool parking stalls are conveniently located at each of the following LRT Park and Ride facilities. Any vehicle with two or more passengers may use these reserved stalls, no registration required.
|Carpool Park and Ride Locations|
|Stadium LRT Station||84 Street and 111 Avenue|
|Belvedere LRT Station||62 Street and 129 Avenue|
|Clareview LRT Station||48 Street and 139 Avenue|
For more information:
13th Floor, Century Place
9803 – 102A Avenue