Walkability adds strength and enjoyment to the fabric of community life. While out walking, we meet our neighbours, get some exercise, visit local shops, and enjoy public spaces. We also become the "eyes on the street" that enhance safety and reduce crime.
What is Walkable Edmonton?
It is an initiative that:
- Provides expertise in and resources for design for walkability.
- Offers resources to support advocacy for walkability.
- Provides resources for active transportation such as inline skating, cross-country training and cycling.
- Provides ideas on where to walk in Edmonton.
- Provides resources for walking and cycling in groups.
- Provides resources for walking safely to school.
- Assists communities by providing resources.
- Communicates information about walkability through our eNewsletter Taking Steps.
For more information:
Office of Great Neighbourhoods
2nd Floor, Beaufort Building
10835-120 Street NW
PO Box 2359
Edmonton AB T5J 2R7
Where do you find the walking maps? Walking maps are available at your local public library or let us know and we'll mail you one free of charge.
|Title||Walkable Edmonton Coordinator|