Walkability adds strength and enjoyment to the fabric of community life. While out walking, we meet our neighbours, get some exercise, visit local shops, and enjoy public spaces. We also become the "eyes on the street" that enhance safety and reduce crime.
What is Walk Edmonton?
It is an initiative that:
- Develops and shares maps and resources to promote walking.
- Works with Community partners to organize local walking events such as Jane's Walk and Winter Walk Day.
- Provides ideas on where to walk in Edmonton and walking groups.
- Works with SHAPE - Provincial Walk to School organization to promote and engage Edmonton schools in walk to school programs.
- Administers the Trails, Paths, Routes Advisory Committee and Edmonton's Active Transportation Network.
- Communicates information about walkability through our eNewsletter Taking Steps.
For More Information
2nd Floor, Beaufort Building
10835-120 Street NW
PO Box 2359
Edmonton AB T5J 2R7
Walking maps are available at your local public library or let us know and we’ll mail you one free of charge