Master Composter Recycler Program
Community leaders in waste reduction
Become a Master Composter Recycler: apply here
This is a "learn n' serve" volunteer program.
- Complete 40 hours of FREE training
- Learn about recycling, composting and waste reduction
- Tour the Edmonton Waste Management Centre
- Volunteer at least 35 hours
- Teach friends and neighbours how to reduce waste
Applications are accepted all year.
Volunteer training happens from March to May.
Organizers will contact you about volunteering in 2017.
What do Master Composter Recyclers do?
They promote the four Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Recover.
- Show a neighbour how to grasscycle
- Teach a newcomer what to recycle
- Help a family start a worm composter
- Host a wasteless dinner party
- Be a compost mentor at a community garden
For More Information