Eco Stations are convenient waste drop-off facilities where you can bring electronics and household hazardous waste like paint, batteries and lights bulbs, and anything that does not belong in your garbage.
5 Easy Steps to Plan Your Trip
- Check the hours and decide which location is most convenient
- Look over the acceptable items list
- At arrival let attendant know what items you are dropping off
- Based on items they will determine if there is any fee for disposal
- The attendant will let you know where to unload your items
Vehicle Size Restrictions
Maximum vehicle size: one tonne
Maximum trailer length: 3 metres
Accepted Items (Free drop off)
Paint/Stains: (empty or full cans, including aerosols), thinner, turpentine, varnish
Automotive: motor oil, antifreeze, gas, diesel, oil filters, batteries and parts, tires (passenger car and truck tires, motorcycle and ATV tires only),
Lighting: all light bulbs*, fluorescent tubes and lighting fixtures
Corrosive/poisonous cleaners: bleach, drain, toilet and oven cleaners
Lawn and garden: herbicides, pesticides, fertilizer
Electronics and appliances: anything with a cord or a battery, computers/TVs (maximum 20 monitors per visit), BBQs, lawnmowers, power tools, stoves, washing machines
Clean recyclables: newspaper, metal cans, plastic bags
Other: batteries (all kinds), aerosol cans, propane tanks or bottles, fire extinguishers, syringes, glue
* Commercial fee for light bulbs: $1 per tube and 50 cents per CFC.
Accepted Items (Fees apply)
(chairs or comparable volume)
(mattress, box spring, sofa or comparable volume)
|Items requiring CFC removal
(fridge, freezer, air conditioner)
|Yard waste, loose waste
and mixed loads
|Partial half-tonne truck load:
$28 each load
|Level half-tonne truck load:
$38 each load
|Heaping half-tonne truck load:
$48 each load
|Cube van or utility trailer load:
subject to viewing*
* Eco Station attendants have final say about the acceptability of items and the charges applied to each load.
Cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Interac.
Eco Stations DO NOT accept
- Commercial hazardous waste
- Commercial biomedical waste
- Radioactive waste
- Pressurized gases
The following items should be taken to your community police station. Please call 780-423-4567 first.
Recycling depots, reuse items, free paint and more.
List of acceptable commercial items.
For More Information
In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311