Stop Elder Abuse
Elder abuse is any action or inaction that jeopardizes the health and well-being of any older adult. This includes physical, emotional, psychological, financial, sexual and medication abuse, as well as passive or active neglect.
The City of Edmonton and its partners provide support through:
- Referrals to services and resources
- Registered support group - Relationships With Your Adult Children
- Safety plans and education
- Education on family violence
- Help with protection orders and court proceedings
It's a tragic fact that elder abuse happens to many people, no matter their educational or financial circumstances.
If you think a situation requires immediate intervention from Edmonton Police Service, call its complaint line at 780-423-4567.
If someone is in imminent danger, call 911.
Senior Protection Partnership
If you need advice or want a situation of suspected elder abuse looked into, call the Senior Protection Partnership at 780-477-2929.
You can also access the 24-hour Seniors Abuse Helpline. Call 780-454-8888 for information, support and referral.
Seniors Association of Greater Edmonton (SAGE) Safe House
- Safe, furnished suite for up to 60 days, free of charge
- Meals and snacks
- Emotional support from staff
- Professional counselling
- Connections to community resources
- Practical help with finances, finding permanent housing and referrals to legal services
For More Information