Edmonton Waste Management Centre
The Edmonton Waste Management Centre (EWMC) is North America's largest collection of modern, sustainable waste processing and research facilities.
About the Service
Facilities located at the EWMC include:
- Materials Recovery Facility, where Edmonton's recyclables are sorted and baled
- Edmonton Composting Facility, where Edmonton’s waste is composted
- GEEP Electrical and Electronic Waste Recycling Facility, where Edmonton’s electronics are recycled
- Residential Waste Drop Off Station
- Construction and Demolition Recycling Operation
- Clover Bar landfill
- Integrated Processing and Transfer Facility
How Do I Obtain the Service?
13111 Meridian (1st) Street NE.
Hours and Admission:
Administration at the EWMC is open 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Recycling and waste disposal facilities at the EWMC are open 7:30am to 7pm, Monday through Friday
8am - 5pm, Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays
Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
The 233-hectare site is located at 13111 Meridian (1st) Street NE.