Eco Stations are comprehensive waste drop-off facilities.
About the Service
Eco Stations are comprehensive waste drop-off facilities:
- Bring your household hazardous waste such as leftover paint, oven cleaner and car batteries at no charge!
- Bring your electrical appliances, old computer monitors, toasters, printers, power tools, etc. at no charge (Charges apply to items requiring CFC removal)
- Bring your big bulky items like old sofas, fencing and rubble, anything you might take to a landfill. (Charges apply).
- Bring your household recyclables such as newspaper, metal cans, milk jugs and more!
- Commercial hazardous waste
- Commercial biomedical waste
- Expired medications
- Radioactive waste
- Pressurized gases
Check out the Ambleside Eco Station Reuse Area to see if there is a reusable item for you!
If you're wondering what can be recycled, thrown out, or taken to an Eco Station, read the Recycling, Garbage or Eco Station? poster.
How Do I Obtain the Service?
Strathcona: 5150-99 Street - Enter on 99 Street only