The NextGen Initiative
The City’s NextGen committee gives 18-40 year olds a voice for how they want to shape the city into a great place for us to live, work and play.
NextGen organizes events like Pecha Kucha Night, which is a get-together for creative types to show their stuff. NextGen also provides a way to talk to City Administration and City Council about things that are important to us, like public WiFi, how to make your city more vibrant, how to gather opinions from young people . Sign up for their e-newsletter to find out about interesting things happening around town.
Projects underway include
- Hosting Pecha Kucha Nights. This unique event showcases presentations on a variety of topics. Presenters are given 20 images, each shown for 20 seconds, for a total presentation length of six minutes 40 seconds. These constraints challenge presenters to clarify their ideas and match each thought with the perfect image. Some of the most creative presentations from local Edmontonians have been presented at NextGen’s Pecha Kucha Nights such as: Lego urban design, Universities as a virtual space of ideas, Permaculture design, Timeraiser, and That’s Edmonton For You! Pecha Kucha Nights
- Creating and forming partnerships and sponsorships with the community.
- Planning networking events to engage young people in community and civic matters such as the Edmonton Community Challenge that aims at connecting NextGener’s to their Community Leagues.
- Giving NextGen feedback and input into City of Edmonton plans and projects. NextGen Feedback Form
Be a Part of the Change!
You can participate in the NextGen Initiative by
- Visiting the NextGen website regularly to see what's going on with Edmonton's NextGen.
- Subscribing to our mailing list. Email email@example.com to receive our weekly newsletter and learn about upcoming and exciting projects, initiatives, events, and opportunities.
- Volunteering to help on a NextGen working group.
- Keeping us informed about events for young people you are planning - or those you hear about - that would be of interest to other NextGen Edmontonian like you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spreading the word about NextGen. Talk to your friends, family and colleagues about NextGen and how a new generation of leaders is stepping forward in Edmonton.
Our Vision and Mission
See the NextGen Mandate
For more information:
|Title||Next Gen Coordinator|