Find out about resources and services to assist seniors to remain in their homes, to other supportive housing options for seniors.
Seniors Housing Services includes:
- Innovative universal design housing ideas to help seniors stay in their homes
- Community resources to aging in place
- Financial assistance for accessibility home modifications
- Financial programs for home improvements for lower income senior homeowners
- Supportive housing options for seniors
- Affordable housing options for lower income seniors
Seniors Association of Greater Edmonton (SAGE)
SAGE provides housing information and assistance to seniors seeking housing. Services include:
- Housing information and referrals
- Support in making the transition from one lifestyle to another
- Seniors Housing Guide, a listing of subsidized and non-subsidized housing in the Edmonton area
Visit SAGE's website for more information.
Seniors Accessible Housing
The following report and resources provide information on lifelong accessible housing for all.
Housing Opportunities Program for Edmonton (HOPE)
Hope is a home repair program for qualifying-income homeowners living in designated priority neighbourhoods.
The Residential Access Modification Program (RAMP)
Residential Access Modification Program (RAMP) is a program available to eligible wheelchair users to modify their home to be more wheelchair accessible. Applicants can apply for a RAMP grant for up to $5,000.
Phone: 1-800 O-Canada (1-800-622-6232) for more information.
Visit the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation website for more information.
Property Tax Assistance for Seniors
Edmonton seniors can take advantage of financial assistance offered by the Government of Alberta. Learn more about the Seniors Property Tax Deferral Program.
Greater Edmonton Foundation (GEF) Supportive Living for Seniors
The Greater Edmonton Foundation owns and manages affordable accommodations for low to moderate income seniors age 65 years and older. Services include:
Independent Living Apartments & Duplexes
- Clean, bright, well maintained buildings
- Some buildings located next to supportive living lodges
- Staff on site
Supportive Living Lodges
- Social and recreation activities
- Housekeeping and linen service
- Delicious meals and snacks
- Staff on site 24/7
Visit the Greater Edmonton Foundation website or phone: 780-482-6561 for more information.
For more information:
|Online||Contact 311 Online|
In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311