Low-income Housing Programs
Greater Edmonton Foundation (GEF)
The Greater Edmonton Foundation owns and manages affordable accommodations for low to moderate income seniors age 65 years and older.
Independent Living Apartments & Duplexes
- Clean, bright, well maintained buildings
- Some buildings located next to supportive living lodges
- Staff on site
Supportive Living Lodges
- Social and recreation activities
- Housekeeping and linen service
- Delicious meals and snacks
- Staff on site 24/7
Visit the Greater Edmonton Foundation website or phone: 780-482-6561 for more information.
Housing Opportunities Program for Edmonton (HOPE)
HOPE is a program offering a conditional grant to qualifying low-income homeowners to complete essential repairs.
Through the HOPE program, the City aims to:
- improve housing conditions for qualifying-income households;
- help meet Cornerstones II objectives to improve access to affordable housing; and
- address the ongoing demand for home repair funding like the former Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program (RRAP) which has been discontinued.
Low-income Housing Capital Assistance Program
LIHCAP provides capital funds to assist incorporated housing sponsors to meet the needs of low-income or special needs households.
- Provision of new housing
- Upgrading existing social housing
- Private sector low-cost housing
Visit the Edmonton Housing Trust Fund website or phone: 780-496-2630 for more information.
Capital Region Housing Corporation
The CRHC manages 4,558 units (mostly row-housing) in 113 projects in the City. Thirteen of those projects, which comprise 1,030 units, for which land and improvements are owned by the City of Edmonton. The CRHC accommodates low-income persons who apply for occupancy in those units. Rents are based on 30% of gross household income. The City pays for 10% of capital debt retirement costs and up to 10% of annual operating deficits for the City-owned portion of the overall CRHC unit portfolio in Edmonton.
Visit the Capital Region Housing Corporation website or phone 780-420-6161 for more information.
For more information:
Housing and Economic Sustainability
11th Floor, 10250 - 101 Street
Edmonton AB T5J 3P4
In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311