Environment Week Tours
Celebrate Environment Week with a free guided tour of the world renowned Edmonton Waste Management Centre.
- See how all your recyclables are sorted and readied for market
- Find out how your garbage is used to create valuable compost at North America’s largest composting facility
- Learn how decomposing garbage inside a landfill is used to create electricity
- Discover how a new waste-to-biofuels facility will help Edmonton reach a 90% waste diversion rate by turning non-recyclable and non-compostable waste into ethanol
- Explore the computer and e-waste recycling facility
- And much more
Tuesday June 4 - Friday June 7, 2013
9:30am, 1:30pm and 5:30pm daily
EWMC Tours are 2-hours and are not recommended for children younger than 9 years old.
Reservations are required. Call 780-496-5698 to reserve.
We’ll require an email address or phone number to confirm your reservation at a later date.
Can't come during Environment Week? There are other options.
Groups of 10 or more can book a tour for anytime throughout the year. Call 780-496-6879
Individuals or small groups can join a public tour held every Friday afternoon. Start time is 12:30pm. The tour is 2-hours long. Reservations are required. Call 780-496-6879.
For more information:
Customer Support Centre