Edmonton Waste Management Centre
The Edmonton Waste Management Centre (EWMC) is North America's largest collection of modern, sustainable waste processing and research facilities.
The 233-hectare site is located at 13111 Meridian (1st) Street NE.
Please note that due to construction of the Anthony Henday Drive, you may experience travel delays when driving to the Edmonton Waste Management Centre (EWMC). Please give yourself extra time. We appreciate your patience as we do our best to maintain a high level of customer service while the site is affected by both heavy construction and train delays.
Facilities located at the EWMC include:
- Integrated Processing and Transfer Facility
- Materials Recovery Facility, where Edmonton's recyclables are sorted and baled
- Edmonton Composting Facility, where Edmonton’s waste is composted
- GEEP Electrical and Electronic Waste Recycling Facility, where Edmonton’s electronics are recycled
- Residential Waste Drop Off Station
- Construction and Demolition Recycling Operation
- Clover Bar landfill
- Leachate Treatment Plant, landfill gas recovery system and biosolids lagoons
- Greys Paper & Glass Recycling Facility
The EWMC also houses a theatre and classrooms for training and a Research and Development Facility that is part of the Edmonton Waste Management Centre of Excellence - a unique public-private partnership to advance research, technology demonstration, and training in waste management.
Guided tours are available for groups of ten or more people.
Call 780-496-6879 for more details.
For more information:
In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311