Edmonton Waste Management Centre
The Edmonton Waste Management Centre (EWMC) is North America's largest collection of modern, sustainable waste processing and research facilities.
The 233-hectare site is located at 13111 Meridian (1st) Street NE.
Facilities located at the EWMC include:
- Integrated Processing and Transfer Facility
- Materials Recovery Facility, where Edmonton's recyclables are sorted and baled
- Edmonton Composting Facility, where Edmonton’s waste is composted
- GEEP Electrical and Electronic Waste Recycling Facility, where Edmonton’s electronics are recycled
- Residential Waste Drop Off Station
- Construction and Demolition Recycling Operation
- Clover Bar landfill
- Leachate Treatment Plant, landfill gas recovery system and biosolids lagoons
- Greys Paper & Glass Recycling Facility
The EWMC also houses a theatre and classrooms for training and a Research and Development Facility that is part of the Edmonton Waste Management Centre of Excellence - a unique public-private partnership to advance research, technology demonstration, and training in waste management.
Guided tours are available for groups of ten or more people.
Call 780-496-6879 for more details.
For more information:
In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311