Eco Stations are comprehensive waste drop-off facilities:
- Bring your household hazardous waste such as leftover paint, light bulbs, oven cleaner and car batteries at no charge!
- Bring your electrical appliances, old computer monitors, toasters, printers, power tools, etc. at no charge (Charges apply to items requiring CFC removal)
- Bring your big bulky items like old sofas, fencing and rubble, anything you might take to a landfill. (Charges apply).
- Bring your household recyclables such as newspaper, metal cans, milk jugs, old clothing and textiles, and more!
Eco Stations cannot accept:
- Commercial hazardous waste
- Commercial biomedical waste
- Expired medications
- Radioactive waste
- Pressurized gases
Take home some free paint. Usable paint is offered to customers free of charge (limit 4 cans/visit - quality not guaranteed). Since 1995 over 350,000 litres of free paint has been given away.
Check out the Ambleside Eco Station Reuse Area to see if there is a reusable item for you!
If you're wondering what can be recycled, thrown out, or taken to an Eco Station, read the Recycling, Garbage or Eco Station? poster.
Convenient 30 litre bags of Second Nature® horticulture compost are available for sale at $6 per bag at all three Eco Stations.
For more information:
In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311