Drainage Neighbourhood Renewal Program
The City of Edmonton's Drainage Neighbourhood Renewal Program is focused on the renewal and replacement of sanitary and storm sewers. This program works in combination with the Neighbourhood Renewal Program (focused on the renewal and rebuilding of roads, sidewalks, and streetlights) and the Great Neighbourhoods Capital Program (focused on improving the livability of Edmonton neighbourhoods) to renew the physical infrastructure of neighbourhoods and create vibrant, sustainable neighbourhoods.
Drainage renewal work is delivered through the following methods:
- Relining - involves 'cured-in-place' pipe material resulting in minimal disruption to pavement
- Open Cut - requires significant disruption to pavement
The construction timing and type of work is determined based on the following considerations:
- 1 to 2 years ahead of planned Transportation neighbourhood reconstruction to avoid disturbance of new roads
- When sewers are in poor condition, even though roadway reconstruction is in satisfactory condition, to avoid interruption of drainage service to the public
- In coordination with franchised utilities where possible, such as ATCO Gas and EPCOR, to minimize inconvenience to the public
Drainage Neighbourhood Renewal Program in 2013
The following neighbourhoods will begin construction in 2013.
The following neighbourhoods will undergo CCTV inspection for all pipes in preparation for construction in 2014.
Construction in the following neighbourhoods has been carried forward and is ongoing in 2013.
- King Edward Park
- Laurier Heights
- McCauley *
- North Glenora
- Terrace Heights
- Thorncliff *
- Weir Industrial *
- Windsor Park
* Drainage priorities - these neighbourhoods will not be undergoing roadway reconstruction.
For more information:
311 or 780-496-5454