Drainage Neighbourhood Renewal Program
The City of Edmonton's Drainage Neighbourhood Renewal Program is focused on the renewal and replacement of sanitary and storm sewers. This program works in combination with the Neighbourhood Renewal Program (focused on the renewal and rebuilding of roads, sidewalks, and streetlights) and the Great Neighbourhoods Capital Program (focused on improving the livability of Edmonton neighbourhoods) to renew the physical infrastructure of neighbourhoods and create vibrant, sustainable neighbourhoods.
Drainage renewal work is delivered through the following methods:
- Relining - involves 'cured-in-place' pipe material resulting in minimal disruption to pavement
- Open Cut - requires significant disruption to pavement
The construction timing and type of work is determined based on the following considerations:
- 1 to 2 years ahead of planned Transportation neighbourhood reconstruction to avoid disturbance of new roads
- When sewers are in poor condition, even though roadway reconstruction is in satisfactory condition, to avoid interruption of drainage service to the public
- In coordination with franchised utilities where possible, such as ATCO Gas and EPCOR, to minimize inconvenience to the public
Drainage Neighbourhood Renewal Program 2011 and Ongoing in 2012
The following neighbourhoods began construction in 2011 and are ongoing in 2012. Although the roadway is in satisfactory condition and will not be undergoing reconstruction, the sewers are in poor condition and require renewal.
- Weir Industrial
The following neighbourhoods, which began construction in 2011, are coordinated with the 2012 Neighbourhood Renewal Program's reconstruction neighbourhoods. The open cut work is expected to be completed by spring of 2012, while the relining work is expected to be completed by the end of 2012.
The following neighbourhoods, which began construction in 2011, are coordinated with the 2013 Neighbourhood Renewal Program's reconstruction neighbourhoods. The open cut work is expected to be completed by spring of 2013, while the relining work is expected to be completed by the end of 2013.
Drainage Neighbourhood Renewal Program 2012
Drainage Neighbourhood Renewal begins this year for the following neighbourhoods:
Drainage Neighbourhood Renewal Program 2013-2014The following neighbourhoods are scheduled for Drainage Neighbourhood Renewal in the next 2 years:
|Calder||Central McDougall *|
|Cromdale *||Lansdowne *|
|Queen Alexandra *||Spruce Avenue|
* Indicates Drainage Neighbourhood Renewal Program is coordinated with the Neighbourhood Renewal Program reconstruction plans.
For more information: