Community League Emerging Grant
This grant assists with the:
- Establishment or development of a new community league.
- Re-establishment of a defunct or previously amalgamated community league.
- Merging of two existing leagues.
This grant is given once during the lifetime of a community league. The maximum amount is $1,500.
You are eligible if you:
- Are a group of people interested in forming a community league.
- Have the support of the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues, the Community Services Department, and the affected community leagues.
- Have completed community notifications of the initiative to form a new community league.
Submitting an Application
Your application package must include:
- Letter requesting Emerging Grant funding.
- Outline of expenditures related to the initiative.
- Letter of support from the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues.
- Letter of support from the designated Community Services' community recreation coordinator.
- Letter of support from any existing community leagues that are affected by the potential boundaries of the new league.
Within 90 days from the end of the first fiscal year of your community league, you must submit the following:
- Audited financial statements.
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation.
- Copy of bylaws as filed with Corporate Registries.
- Current list of Board of Directors with names and positions.
For more information:
|Title||Community Grants Office|