Earth ALIVE Edmonton Biodiversity Week Kickoff Event - Saturday, May 14
Afternoon at City Hall (noon - 4pm)
Join us for a fun, interactive and educational afternoon kicking off Biodiversity Week in Edmonton! Join a hands-on workshop and learn how you can create wildlife habitat in your backyard, enjoy the live music and great food, take in a treasure hunt or puppet show with your children, meet some of the wild creatures that live in Edmonton's natural areas... there's an activity for everyone!
- Naturescaping your backyard
- Beneficial insects… and ones to look out for
- Creating and installing bee blocks
- Worm composting
- Edmonton’s urban forest
- Backyard birds
Loads of fun family activities
- Back Porch Swing - enjoy these local folk/bluegrass legends!
- African hand drumming - facilitated workshop and drum/dance circle. Discover the connection between nature and music.
- Global Voices Choir - take in the beautiful songs of this talented local multicultural choir
- Treasure hunt and puppet show - for the young and young-at-heart!
- Live critters - meet some of the wild creatures we share this city with
- Tasty food and drinks, including bicycle-powered smoothies
- Great giveaways and door prizes
- Award presentations celebrating local stewards (Lily of the Valley Award for Biodiversity Stewardship) and young artists (Biodiversity: Together Art Contest)
- ETS Free Ride Home for the first 200 people! Bring proof of payment from your bus or LRT ride to City Hall and receive a free ETS ticket for the ride home.
Evening at Stanley Milner Library (5-7:30pm)
Film Screening: "Play Again" in the Edmonton Room
A screening of the award-winning film Play Again, followed by a facilitated discussion about reconnecting children with the natural world and how YOU can get involved.
Coffee, tea and snacks will be served.
Please reserve your spot by calling 780-442-4974 or by email to email@example.com.
For more information:
|Title||Office of Natural Areas Conservation|