Edmonton is a leading example of community gardens. There are over 30 community garden groups in Edmonton; and over 60 different garden sites.
Get GardeningContact a local community garden to get involved. Each community garden operates independently. Or contact Sustainable Food Edmonton to
- Find the nearest community garden
- Contact a community garden
- Learn how to start a community garden
Community gardens grow… People
Community gardens bring many benefits to Edmontonians.
- Provide recreation for young and old
- Make neighbourhoods more beautiful
- Produce healthy food
- Create community spirit
- Share gardening knowledge and experience
The City of Edmonton supports community gardens by
- Providing municipal land (with Partners-in-Parks agreements),
- Supporting Sustainable Food Edmonton, and
- Advice and coordination to community leagues.
For more information:
|Online||Contact 311 Online|
In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311