Spring Clean Up
About Spring Clean Up
The Spring Clean Up involves the coordinated efforts of several city departments working on separate parts of the cleanup.
Remember that the Spring Clean Up may be interrupted by inclement weather.
Clean Up Details
- Parks crews sweep sand, dirt, and debris from city boulevards, tucking the debris into the curb areas for street sweepers to clear.
- Parks cleanup on major arteries and freeways is supported by the Edmonton Police Service and Traffic Safety with barricades and street closures where necessary.
- City bylaws require property owners to clean up their property and the boulevards adjacent to their property in order to keep our city looking great. This includes litter and graffiti.
- Residents are required to tightly secure loads on their truck or car when taking things to the dump, so that nothing falls off and becomes a hazard to other drivers.
Capital City Clean Up
- Capital City Clean Up is the City of Edmonton’s year-round litter and graffiti management program.
- Each year thousands of Edmonton residents Adopt a Block to keep their community litter-free during the warm weather months. Registration begins each February and ends in May.
- Thousands of city residents volunteer every spring and summer with River Valley Clean Up. The annual kick-off takes place on the first Sunday in May.
- The Litter Management Program conducts the 15 to Clean Challenge, the Community Bin Grant Program and various school programs to reduce litter in our city.
- The Graffiti Management Program helps organize the removal of graffiti from public and private property and offers fund-raising opportunities for non-profit organizations. The City’s graffiti removal van removes graffiti from City-owned property. Edmontonians are reminded to record, report, and remove graffiti from their own properties.
Call 311 to report graffiti or hard-to-remove litter and debris.
For more information:
Capital City Clean Up
City of Edmonton
2nd Fl, 10835 – 120 Street
Edmonton, AB T5H 3P9
If you need high quality images of any of our posters, contact our office.
For Capital City Clean Up program inquiries, call 780-944-5470
To report litter, graffiti vandalism or discarded needles dial 311 (or 780-442-5311)