Edmonton Food Council
The Food Council aims to engage with the community on relevant and timely issues related to food and urban agriculture. Their first community event was held on June 24 with a focus on community gardens. It was a great success! If you missed it, don't worry. We have provided a full recording of the event.
The Edmonton Food Council's Role
As a volunteer committee of the City, the Food Council's primary role is to advise on matters related to the implementation of fresh. They will help to provide oversight and support to the ongoing implementation of the recommendations in fresh. Specific activities that the Food Council will undertake to perform this role include:
- providing advice to the City and other key stakeholders
- monitoring and reporting on the progress of implementation
- identifying emerging issues and opportunities
- proposing key work priorities to the City
- maintaining relationships with the food and urban agriculture community
- engaging with the community on relevant and timely issues
- facilitating connections between key players, such as various City departments, community partners and local food businesses.
Here is the complete list of current Food Council members and their biographies.
For more information: