- The high volumes of traffic can be accommodated by using the existing downtown infrastructure of well designed roadways and public transportation.
- There are over 12,000 public parking places – many of which are covered and unused in the evening – within a 10-minute walking distance that can accommodate parking demands.
- The natural flow of traffic out of downtown in peak evening periods will not impact the flow of traffic heading into the arena area for evening shows and events.
- An extensive bus system is in place which can transport large numbers of people in and out of the core of the city back to all communities within Edmonton.
- There will be 7 LRT stations within a 10-minute walk of the arena complex when the 102 Avenue route is complete.
Area Parking and Walkability (101.42KB)
Parking stalls within 5 and 10 minute walking distance of the arena
Existing and Future LRT (108.96KB)
Existing and proposed LRT routes near the arena
Off Peak Hour Traffic (51.28KB)
Traffic flow schematic for off peak hours
Peak Hour Traffic (53.81KB)
Traffic flow schematic for peak hours
Post Event Traffic (60.67KB)
Traffic flow schematic post event
Pre Event Traffic (68.70KB)
Traffic flow schematic pre event
For more information:
|Online||Contact 311 Online|
In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311