Involving Edmonton citizens in the proposed Downtown Arena and Entertainment District is a priority.
Community Benefits Agreement
Under the negotiated framework, the Katz Group and the City of Edmonton will enter into a community benefits agreement, which will include:
- Creating a community advisory committee, representing areas near the arena district, to identify and address issues.
- A senior member of the Oiler's operations will meet with the committee at least once a year.
- Development and facilitation of training for low-income/high need Edmontonians.
The City has held two extensive public consultations processes on the proposed arena and entertainment district.
Spring, 2012, to gather feedback on the schematic designs.
The survey found:
- 82% agreed the Arena would be an identifiable image and landmark for Edmonton.
- 79% saw the Community Rink as a valued recreation opportunity to the downtown and surrounding areas.
- 74% agreed the arena would provide an anchor for revitalizing the surrounding area.
Read the full results of the Spring 2012 consultation.
Winter 2010, to consult Edmontonians on the arena project.
The survey found:
- 67% of Edmontonians supported or strongly supported a downtown arena
- 68% said they believed it would help revitalize downtown
- 82% citing specific benefits such as increased tourism, more investment and development
Read the full results of the Winter 2010 consultation.
Input gathered assists City Council in making decisions surrounding the proposed Downtown Arena and Entertainment District.
- Get the latest information on the Downtown Arena and Entertainment District by signing up for our e-newsletter.
- Get arena updates and ask questions on Twitter by following @EdmontonDT
Have a question about the arena project?
Use our online feedback form, below, to send in your question about the proposed Downtown Arena and Entertainment District?
This information is being collected by the City of Edmonton under the authority of section 33(c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP). Personal information in the custody or under the control of the City is protected in accordance with the privacy provisions of FOIP. If you have any questions about the collection of this information, you may contact the City of Edmonton at email@example.com.
For more information:
|Online||Contact 311 Online|
In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311