Registration Centres for Disaster Assistance set to Open
October 12, 2012
Registration centres to help Edmontonians who suffered uninsurable property damage and loss due to flooding in July 2012 are set to open.
Residents, small businesses, institutions and not-for-profit organizations can apply for funding in person at the registration centres. Financial assistance is available under the provincial government’s Disaster Recovery Program.
The City of Edmonton is helping the province administer the program by setting up the registration centres:
October 15, 16, 17, 2012
9am to 7pm
- City Hall, main floor (north breezeway)
- Mill Woods Recreation Centre, 2nd Floor, Green Room, 7207 28 Avenue
Please bring these items with you to the registration centres:
- Government Issued Picture Identification (required)
- A letter from your insurance company confirming your losses are uninsurable (if available)
- Home owner property tax assessment (if available)
- A list of damaged items (if available)
If you are unable to attend in person, applications are available online at aema.alberta.ca or by calling 1-888-671-1111. Completed application forms may be mailed to the Alberta Emergency Management Agency using the contact information found on the form.
Applications for the Disaster Recovery Program will be accepted until January 10, 2013.
For more information:
|Online||Contact 311 Online|
In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311