The natural choice for your career
If you enjoy working with nature—indoors or out—and have a strong interest in environmental management, preservation and sustainability, apply your talents to a municipality where you can make a major, positive impact. Whether you enjoy working with plants or animals, you are bound to find a position suited to your unique skills and interests within natural sciences.
Career Advancement Potential
Explore our potential to sustain your success
Edmonton is a vast city offering almost infinite opportunities to expand your skills, develop new talents, and explore a wide variety of career paths.
- A big city with immense potential: the career possibilities are almost endless, as is your ability to have real impact
- Advanced facilities and equipment: whether you're working in a zoo, a park, a laboratory or another professional setting
- Comprehensive training: at every phase of our operations so that every team member understands how to master each aspect of his or her work
- Commitment to career development: you can learn, grow and succeed in many different areas with our management team encouraging you every step of the way
- Supportive, enthusiastic team members: hardworking people go out of their way to make each day a positive experience.
What It Takes To Succeed
What qualities do you need to thrive?
An abiding interest in all living things is a good start for a career in our natural sciences area, but there are other qualities you'll need as well, including:
- Collaboration: the natural sciences group works as one to ensure that all team and corporate goals are achieved
- Outgoing personality: strong interpersonal skills to interact with guests, vendors, team members, as well as animals
- Empathy: taking care of plants, animals and all living things requires the ability to understand what they need and truly care about their well-being and sustainability
- Passion/Ambition: a real enthusiasm for nature and for the betterment of the City of Edmonton will be essential to your success
- Analytical thinking: encountering problems as they arise is all in a day's work, and your ability to solve them as efficiently as possible will be invaluable.
Why our natural sciences experts love their work
There are so many excellent reasons to become a part of our natural sciences group. Let's hear from the team, and see what they have to say.
|Some of the best reasons to join us|
|Qualities that define the City as an employer|
|The most rewarding part of a career here|
Hear from our people, in their own words, what they do and why they enjoy working for the City.
For more information:
Call one of our employment assistants or visit our Digital Career Centre at City Hall.