Keep the City of Edmonton running at peak efficiency
Our IT professionals ensure the integrity of the City of Edmonton's IT infrastructure and provide support to an organization of over 10,000 people.
With state-of-the-art equipment and a team of highly experienced professionals, you will have opportunities to learn, grow and succeed in various areas of the IT field: troubleshooting, research, application development, security initiatives and more.
Career Advancement Potential
Intriguing career paths lead to success
The City of Edmonton is where you can create the kind of career you've always wanted. We offer the resources, commitment to excellence and wide variety of professional paths you need to maximize your potential and use all of your skills in a full array of settings.
- A major urban centre offers the size, stability and potential to sustain a long and meaningful career and see the results of your work over time
- Cutting-edge technology keeps our teams constantly learning and growing their skills as they continue to enhance our services
- Innovative leadership, our new matrix management structure is designed to maximize your strengths as a professional and make the best use of your interests and talents
- Comprehensive training from people who share your love of technology and have the experience to help make the most of your skills
- An innovative team of experts will collaborate with you on all kinds of interesting projects and help you to succeed
- A broad selection of career choices allows for flexibility and personal development as your interests change.
What It Takes To Succeed
What it takes to excel in IT
What makes a great IT professional for the City of Edmonton? Although our team is highly diverse in both background and talent, they share certain qualities, including these:
- Technical ability: strong knowledge of an ever-changing set of hardware and software platforms and applications is the core of your expertise
- Innovation: your desire to continually arrive at new solutions is the key to our success
- Analytical skills: problem-solving is a common characteristic to all of our IT positions and requires the ability to arrive at the best solutions
- Team attitude: creating strong working relationships with others and helping them to achieve their goals will be vital to your success
- Curiosity: the desire to stay current with cutting-edge technology will keep you motivated to succeed
- Passion: if you love working with technology and using it to create innovations that help an organization work more efficiently, you will want to be a part of our IT team
- Positive attitude: looking on the bright side allows you to find solutions quickly and implement them effectively.
Here is why our IT professionals enjoy working for the City
We know that the IT team at the City of Edmonton has every opportunity to make a difference. Let's hear from them, in their own words, why they enjoy working with the City.
|Some of the best reasons to join us|
|Qualities that define the City as an employer|
|The most rewarding part of a career here|
Hear from our people, in their own words, what they do and why they enjoy working for the City.
Business Process Analyst
November 07, 2012
Profile on Rav Narine; a City business process analyst.
IT Program Manager
March 27, 2012
Video profile on Jordan Hodges; a City IT program manager.
IT Program Manager
March 22, 2012
Profile on Dana Rees; a City of Edmonton IT program manager.
March 22, 2012
Profile on Helene Schulte; a City of Edmonton systems analyst.
For more information:
Call one of our employment assistants or visit our Digital Career Centre at City Hall.