Finance & Accounting
Help to ensure financial stability for a City of 1,000,000
The citizens of the City of Edmonton depend upon the financial integrity that can only be provided by our finance and accounting professionals. Working within a dynamic department, you will have the chance to offer financial services to both internal and external clients. Use your talents to ensure a financially responsible City for today—and for years to come.
Career Advancement Potential
What we have to offer
Imagine utilizing all of your abilities to work within a complex financial environment at the City of Edmonton. You can build a career filled with a unique combination of stability, flexibility, and outstanding results for yourself and the citizens of Edmonton. Here are some of the other reasons why the City is the best place to apply your professional skills:
- Work-Life Balance: supports a work-life balance for employees while offering competitive compensation and benefits
- Excellent training/career-development resources: our highly skilled, experienced leaders will ensure that you receive the knowledge and motivation you need to succeed
- Many different career paths: positions include, but are not limited to: accounting assistants, senior accounting assistants, accountants, senior accountants, finance officers and directors.
What It Takes To Succeed
What it takes to be an effective finance & accounting professional
The people who excel within our finance and treasury department offer a wide variety of talents, backgrounds and ambitions, but they often share certain qualities, including these:
- Technical Skills: use your strong accounting knowledge to adhere to the Municipal Government Act and ensure clients follow financial policies and procedures
- Communication Skills: provide timely and accurate financial advice to various clients and colleagues
- Analytical and Conceptual Skills: prepare a variety of diverse financial statements and reports in a complex financial environment
- Prioritization and Organizational Ability: work on multiple deadline-driven tasks while working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Problem-Solving and Decision-Making: make strong sound financial decisions and solve problems which impact your clients' business needs
- Teamwork: opportunities to work with various finance and accounting professionals and build effective working relationships with all levels of City of Edmonton employees.
Why do our finance & accounting professionals love their work?
Working with the City of Edmonton is a highly enjoyable experience for our finance and accounting professionals. We could tell you why, but we prefer to have them do it for us.
|Some of the best reasons to join us|
|Qualities that define the City as an employer|
|The most rewarding part of a career here|
Hear from our people, in their own words, what they do and why they enjoy working for the City.
For more information:
Call one of our employment assistants or visit our Digital Career Centre at City Hall.