Disability Recruitment and Initiatives
The City of Edmonton’s goal is to develop programs and partnerships that attract, engage and retain persons with disabilities in the City’s workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practices.
- Abilities@Work: Recruitment program that creates meaningful, unique employment opportunities for people with intellectual disabilities at the City of Edmonton.
- Abilities in Action: Partnership program between the City of Edmonton and the Excel Society that provides paid work experience opportunities aligned to the Bus Cleaner role for people with developmental disabilities.
- Short-term unpaid work practicum placements for participants of the EmployAbilities Entry-Level Skills Training Program.
- Paid work experience for Post-secondary students and graduates with disabilities.
- Attend career fairs and employment events in our community
- Provide information sessions on our hiring process
- Connect candidates with external resources
- Refer qualified candidates to Hiring Teams
- Provide job coaching to prospective applicants
Thank you to both our current and previous partners for their work in helping the City of Edmonton attract and engage persons with disabilities in the workforce.
For More Information
|Title||Diversity Recruitment Consultant: People with Disabilities|