Promoting the City of Edmonton
City of Edmonton communications professionals are responsible for sharing updated and pertinent information impacting our employees and Edmontonians everyday.
Supporting major internal and external events, ensuring appropriate and consistent messaging is communicated and maintaining a positive image are just a few of the ways in which your work can make a difference to the corporation and the citizens of Edmonton.
Career Advancement Potential
Edmonton offers endless opportunities to express your talent
Where Edmonton truly prevails as an employer is in its reach and vast career-development potential.
- A diverse and large demographic: presents an opportunity to provide communications services to a large organization and city
- State-of-the-art technology: you will have access to innovative resources to demonstrate your ability and showcase your work
- Comprehensive training: our team is committed to helping you learn and grow, and ensure you have whatever resources are required to meet your goals
- A positive workplace: our team is enthusiastic and prepared to assist you at every turn
- Commitment to career development: we want you to grow and succeed in realizing your professional goals, which is how we realize ours.
What It Takes To Succeed
The personal qualities we seek in our communications professionals
Certain personal qualities will be valuable to you as you pursue a career with the City of Edmonton. These include:
- Interpersonal skills: written, verbal and through various social mediums, your ability to interact with internal and external clients at all levels is essential to your success
- Continuous improvement: your commitment to develop your strengths will ensure you excel and progress as a communications professional
- Media knowledge: to keep our departments current with the very latest technologies and techniques requires that each team member be committed to learning and growing as new media emerge and change
- Creativity: finding the most innovative and imaginative solutions and applying these to your work will ensure your work is engaging and enjoyable
- Teamwork: every success is a shared one as every project is the result of extensive collaboration
- Analytical ability: your ability to problem solve and think strategically will be invaluable
- Motivation and enthusiasm: your passion and ability to produce work of a high quality while working independently will be important to your success.
What makes our team so excited about working with the City?
To learn more about why they love their work, read what they have to say.
|Some of the best reasons to join us|
|Qualities that define the City as an employer|
|The most rewarding part of a career here|
Hear from our people, in their own words, what they do and why they enjoy working for the City.
Senior Communications Advisor
November 07, 2012
Profile on Mark Torjusen; a City senior communications advisor.
November 07, 2012
Profile on Graeme McElheran; a City of Edmonton communications officer.
August 31, 2012
Profile on Kathy de Jong; a City of Edmonton communications advisor.
For more information:
Call one of our employment assistants or visit our Digital Career Centre at City Hall.