Leveraging Technical Expertise Locally (LTEL)
What is LTEL?
Launched in the fall of 2009, LTEL is a partnership between TEC Edmonton and the City of Edmonton that promotes leveraging local technical expertise to deliver solutions which address business challenges within the City of Edmonton’s operations. The program aligns with the City’s mandate to stimulate and diversify Edmonton’s economy by providing support and growth opportunities for the incredibly innovative and creative local IT industry.
What are the Benefits of LTEL?
It’s an avenue for Edmonton’s vibrant IT community to collaborate with the City and TEC Edmonton to develop innovative solutions that make a difference in their communities and could lead to bigger opportunities.
Benefits to Local Technology Firms:
- Low-risk start-up or pilot opportunity with supportive customer feedback
- Education on how to engage with large, complex buyers
- Third party validation of product, firm or opportunity
- Additional revenue source that can be used to expand product or service lines
- Solutions developed can be marketed for broader useUse of the City as a reference if the pilot is successful
Benefits to the City:
- Access to local expertise, that’s among the best in the world
- Opportunity to help develop or realize new, powerful technologies and productsDelivery of valued IT solutions at low-risk and low-cost to taxpayers
- Retain expertise and talent within Edmonton’s jurisdiction
What was the 2010 Pilot LTEL Initiative?
A relatively small but meaningful project – a replacement for Edmonton Transit System's electronic Lost and Found system – was used to test the pilot LTEL initiative. Announced on February 4th, 2010, the solution presented by an Edmonton e-commerce company called Hybrid Forge was selected from a short list of 6 finalists to be implemented.
How do I Participate in the LTEL Program?
Process revisions, based on experience from the inaugural project, are being used in comibination with established selection criteria to identify a business challenge opportunity for the 2011/2012 LTEL initiative.
For more information: