Phase One (2010):
- To develop a vision and definition of a ‘Learning Community’ and establish some preliminary directions for the initiative.
- To prepare a Civic Declaration with respect to the importance of Learning to our community.
- To develop an Asset Inventory of potential partner agencies operating in Edmonton that deliver learning opportunities in our community.
- To hold a Dialogue Event with public and partner agency representation and generate discussion about opportunities for collaboration.
- To identify priorities for action based on the Asset Inventory & Public Dialogue Event in the form of a proposed Community Learning Plan.
Phase Two (2012):
- To discuss, clarify, align, and design effective strategies for each one of the priorities and prepare a community learning plan.
- Through partnerships, to develop, implement and monitor an inclusive Learning Community Plan including ongoing measurement of success.
- To develop a transition plan for the initiative to become self-sustaining.