Streaming Video FAQ
- How can I access video from Council and Committee meetings?
- What is the current availability of video streaming?
- When I click on the link, the video displays a blank screen. Is there a problem with my computer?
- Will I be able to view meetings in real time?
- What do I need on my computer to access Video Streaming via the Internet?
- Will City staff help me if I have difficulty connecting my computer to Streaming Video?
- 1. How can I access video from Council and Committee meetings?
Streaming Video can be accessed from http://councilontheweb.edmonton.ca/
- 2. What is the current availability of video streaming?
Video streaming is available during all public Council and Committee meetings held in Council Chambers and the River Valley Room. Most meetings are held in these rooms. If a meeting is held in another location, video streaming is unavailable. Please check the agenda to confirm the location of a meeting, by visiting www.edmonton.ca/meetings.
Archived video of meetings held after November 16, 2009, are linked to the minutes of each meeting, found at www.edmonton.ca/meetings.
- 3. When I click on the link, the video displays a blank screen. Is there a problem with my computer?
You can confirm that the site is working by clicking on the desired video or audio link. If there is no meeting, or the meeting has moved into private, you will see a picture of City Hall with a message indicating that there is no live meeting at this time.
Meeting items referenced as "Private" indicate that they will not be available for viewing.
To check meeting schedules, go to current meetings.
- 4. Will I be able to view meetings in real time?
Streaming video carries a delay of up to 10 seconds from the live meeting.
- 5. What do I need on my computer to access Video Streaming via the Internet?
You will need a web browser such as Internet Explorer.
The City of Edmonton cannot guarantee the compatibility of your equipment.
- 6. Will City staff help me if I have difficulty connecting my computer to Streaming Video?
No. City employees are not available to provide technical assistance and no guarantee is given that you will be able to make a connection with your device. City of Edmonton employees can not accept any liability for handling your equipment.
If you are having difficulty connecting to this service, you may need to contact your device vendor to ensure that your configuration is set up to access this service.
If you have questions regarding meeting schedules or agendas please contact the Office of the City Clerk.
For more information:
Office of the City Clerk
3rd floor, City Hall
1 Sir Winston Churchill Square
Edmonton, AB T5J 2R7