The Way Ahead: City of Edmonton Strategic Plan 2009-2018, updated in 2011
The City of Edmonton Strategic Plan 2009-2018, "The Way Ahead" provides a focus to the City's efforts to deliver the greatest value of services and infrastructure that are most important to Edmontonians while managing the opportunities and challenges of our ever changing city.
The plan provides a framework to help establish priorities and make informed decisions for the future.
It sets out
- A vision of Edmonton 30 years in the future. Created with input from citizens, the vision sets direction for the City by establishing a descriptive target of a vibrant, sustainable city that builds on Edmonton's cherished assets.
- 10-year strategic goals identified by Council. These goals will focus the City's actions towards achieving the vision and direct long-term planning for the City.
- Corporate outcomes that describe what successful accomplishment of the goals would look like.
- Performance measures and targets that indicate how well the City is progressing towards the outcomes.
- Principles that underpin the development of the plan and will guide its implementation.
This is a dynamic and evolving plan, created using an assessment of the operating environment and community input at a specific point in time. The plan will be reviewed annually and, if needed, adjusted to reflect changes in the operating environment and to ensure Council priorities and community needs are addressed.