Urban Planning and Environment
The Urban Planning and Environment Branch creates great places through participation in the continuum of land use and environmental planning.
The Branch is citizen focused as it undertakes land use and environmental planning at a regional, city-wide and area/issue specific scale, guiding and influencing the city’s built form.
The Branch influences and inspires long term improvements through leadership, coordination, public engagement, and effective implementation of The Way We Grow and The Way We Green.
Our work supports Council’s 10-year goals by delivering land use and environmental policy, plans, guidelines and programs.
The major areas of responsibility of Urban Planning and Environment include:
Land Use and Environmental Policy
- Strategic and Operations Planning
- Geospatial, forecasting, and Growth Analysis
- Environmental and Energy Coordination
- CITYlab (Tactical Urbanism)
- Regional and Inter-municipal Planning
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Technical Services
- Community and Employee Environmental Engagement
Parks Planning and Biodiversity
- Parks Land Planning
- Parkland Policy
- Parkland Developer Series
Urban Design and Area Planning
- Industrial Planning
- Urban Design
- Transit Oriented and Neighbourhood Planning
- Heritage Management
- River Valley Trails
- River Crossing
- West Rossdale
For more information:
|Online||Contact 311 Online|
In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311