Mayor Stephen Mandel thanks you for visiting the City of Edmonton website.
City Council is making solid progress to ensure we remain one of the top urban economies in North America by overcoming the pressures associated with our hot economy.
We are setting an exciting new strategic direction for Edmonton that has an even greater emphasis on responding to local needs while accommodating more people and business activity.
These efforts complement the work currently underway with the Regional Plan.
A new regional board, made up of Edmonton and our 25 neighbouring communities, is tackling major planning projects today to ensure we have the right mix of programs, services and infrastructure in place to support the region 20 years from now.
In addition, we continue to prepare for the future by working on high priority initiatives like:
- fast-tracking LRT expansions in all directions
- ending homelessness in 10 years
- exploring another route across the river with a new downtown bridge
- evaluating the advantages of a new arena
- revitalizing communities and,
- supporting new urban development projects like the Quarters and the residential links in the northeast to the Region's petrochemical expansions.
Only by addressing these tough issues can we build the City's foundation and be ready for tomorrow.
For more information:
Mayor Stephen Mandel
2nd Floor, City Hall
1 Sir Winston Churchill Square
|Online||Contact The Mayor Online|