City Council appoints citizens to over 20 boards and encourages those with a desire to share their passion, time and skills to serve as volunteer board members of Agencies, Boards and Commissions.
Interested in serving on a board? Follow these simple steps
- Take a look at the opportunities outlined on the Current Recruitment Campaigns page.
- Link to the Civic Agency Webpage to review the Board Mandate, see a list of current board members and the Board Contact details.
- Link to the Recruitment Profile to review the qualifications for new board members, time commitment, plus expectations and activities of the Board.
- Choose the Boards (up to three) that match your interest, skills and time availability.
- Complete and submit the Board Application Form, your Resume and three written Letters of Reference. If applying to more than one, submit a separate application for each board and state your order of preference, as citizens may only serve on one Civic Agency at a time. City Policy C475A
If you have any trouble meeting the deadline date, or wish to confirm receipt of your application, please call the Civic Agencies Coordinator.
- Most board opportunities are volunteer; however a few do offer remuneration because of their responsibilities and required time commitment.
- Preference is given to residents of Edmonton.
- Bio Form -- Short listed applicants will be asked to provide a brief bio of themselves, and if appointed as a Board Member, this information will be included in the City Council minutes as a brief introduction to City Council and the citizens of Edmonton.
- Most appointments are for one year, renewable for up to six consecutive years.
- Prior to reappointment, board members are evaluated. Attachment 3 - Summary of Evaluations for Members Eligible for Reappointment, to City Policy C476C - Civic Agencies Reporting, outlines the basic evaluation criteria.
For more information:
Civic Agencies Coordinator
Office of the City Clerk
2nd Floor, Churchill Building
10019 - 103 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB T5J 0G9