Compliance Re-Stamps - Residential & Commercial
A Compliance Certificate Re-stamp confirms that any issues identified during a previous Compliance Certificate review have been resolved.
About the Service
If a compliance application identifies structures that require permits or encroachment agreements, the applicant can re-apply within 6 months from the date of the original compliance letter to have their Real Property Report reviewed again, once they have corrected the issues that were identified. This second review is called a Compliance Re-Stamp.
What is the Process?
The Development Officer reviews the submission to ensure the issues identified in the original compliance application have been resolved (e.g. encroachment agreement applied for, Building Permits applied for, building demolished etc). As long as all issues have been resolved, the Development Officer will issue the Compliance Re-stamp in one of these two formats:
- If everything complies with the current Zoning Bylaw: the real property report is stamped by the Development Officer indicating everything is in compliance up to the date when the real property report was done for that property.
- If everything complies but the property does not meet the current Zoning Bylaw requirements: (eg. property located in an older neighbourhood complies with old Zoning Bylaw requirements rather than current Zoning Bylaw requirements), the applicant will receive a letter indicating that the buildings are “Non-conforming” to the current Zoning Bylaw but the appropriate permits are in place and no further action is required.
Re-stamps are usually processed in 3 to 15 days, however this time period can vary depending on workload volumes throughout the year and whether all of the required building permits, encroachment agreements, etc., have been processed and issued.
How Do I Obtain the Service?
The following conditions for a Compliance Re-stamp became effective April 2, 2012.
NOTE: Clients can submit their application for a Re-stamp within a 6 month period from the date our Compliance Response Letter was issued. Three conditions apply before the Re-stamp application will be accepted and the formal review done:
- All Development and Building permits identified in the original compliance response letter must be ISSUED and the inspections of these structures finalized.
- Any encroachment agreements identified in the original compliance response letter must be signed and returned to the City of Edmonton before the application is submitted.
- Any structures and/or encroachments identified as non complying in the original compliance response letter and that have not received Development and Building Permit approvals must be removed and a revised Real Property Report reflecting these changes must accompany the Re-stamp Application.
To request a Re-stamp, please mail or bring the following items to our office:
- The completed Compliance Re-stamp Application form.
- Two copies of an updated Real Property Report (we do not accept faxed, spliced or size-reduced Real Property Reports).
- All application fees
Hours of Operation: 8am–4:30pm
Compliance Certificate Re-Stamp: $105
Contact the City About This Service
For more information:
Current Planning Service Centre
5th floor, 10250 - 101 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 3P4
Hours of Operation:Monday to Friday
8am to 4:30pm
In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311