Parking Meter Permits
2013 Parking Meter Permit Applications and Fees
If you are applying for a parking meter permit for 2013, use the Parking Meter Permit Application Form (2013).
Parking meters are colour-coded to indicate the maximum number of hours a vehicle may be parked at a meter. Meters offer maximum stays from 15 minutes up to 2 hours.
The City currently issues 2-hour meter permits. Vehicle registration is used to initially register the permit however, permits are non vehicle specific and can be transferred between vehicles.
2-Hour Meter Pass: As of January 1, 2009, this is the only parking meter permit offered by the City.
For parking meter ticket inquiries, contact Tag Administration at
Street meter parking is subject to restrictions:
- Parking Meter passes are non refundable or replaceable once issued
- Vehicles must fit within one parking stall
- Extended or oversized vehicles are not allowed
- 15 or 30 minute time limit meters
- Meters located on private parking lots or in parkades
- City of Edmonton parking lots that use meters
- Tow-away zones or any other roadway areas where rules such as no parking, snow removal route, etc. exist
- Parking meter permits are pro-rated over one year
- Fees are charged only for the months covered by the permit to the end of December (when the permit expires)
- After the first day of any month, fees include payment for the whole month
- There are no refunds or replacements on passes purchased
For more information:
Current Planning Service Centre
5th floor, 10250 - 101 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 3P4
Hours of Operation:Monday to Friday
8am to 4:30pm
In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311