Apply for Commercial Permits
Online Services Requirements
The Online Permitting System allows registered construction contractors to apply for and/or view their permits. You must be a registered user to use the online services.
Become a Registered User
Heating, ventilation, plumbing, gas or sewer contractors register using the Application for Online Permitting for Mechanical Contractors.
Sign the completed form and return to:
Current Planning Service Centre,
5th floor, 10250 101 St NW
Edmonton AB T5J 3P4
Once your account is created, a City of Edmonton representative will contact you with your account code and password. Remember to change your password when you first sign in to the system.
- Apply and pay for plumbing and gas permits
- Apply and pay for heating and ventilation permits
- Apply and pay for an electrical permit
- Search for and examine details on existing permits
- View inspection and deficiency results
Schedule inspections for:
- House combination permits (new construction)
- Multifamily row housing permits (new construction not including stacked row housing)
- Semi-detached housing permits (new construction)
- Electrical permits
- Accessory building permits
- Plumbing and gas permits
- Heating and ventilation permits
Updated online electrical permit system:
An updated Online Electrical Permitting system came into operation January 3, 2012. With this system, electrical contractors can apply and pay for a new electrical permit (both residential and commercial), as well as book inspections.
Electrical contractors can learn more about using the updated online permitting system by downloading the Electrical On Line Manual.
(Note: you must be a registered user to use the online system)
For more information:
Current Planning Service Centre
5th floor, 10250 - 101 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 3P4
Hours of Operation:Monday to Friday
8am to 4:30pm
In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311