Popular Searches
  • Big Bin Events
  • Business Licensing
  • Eco Stations
  • Movies on the Square
  • Pay Tickets
  • Permits
  • Spray Parks

Contact Us Visiting?

Buy or Sell Commercial Property

Get the City to review and confirm that the structures on a property have the proper permits and are in the right location.

Compliances and Permits

When a property is bought or sold, lawyers and lending institutions will often ask you to confirm that the property complies with the City's development bylaws. The City provides written confirmation that all structures on a property have the proper permits and are built in the right location.  There is a fee for this service that varies depending on the type of confirmation or service you need.

Compliances - Residential & Commercial
Confirms that all structures have the proper permits and are placed in the right location.

Compliance Re-Stamps - Residential & Commercial
Confirms that any issues identified during a previous Compliance Certificate review have been resolved.

Leave as Built - Residential & Commercial
Confirms that a structure not built in the location originally approved on its' permit doesn't need to be altered or moved.

Encroachments - Residential & Commercial
Confirms that any structure on the property which extends outside the property lines onto public property has approval to stay on the public property.

For More Information

Permits and Licensing Service Centre

Sustainable Development
5th floor, 10250 - 101 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 3P4

Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday
8am to 4:30pm


In Edmonton: 311

Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311

Fax 780-496-6054