Drainage Design & Construction
The City of Edmonton’s Drainage Services Design and Construction is recognized for its expertise in construction and for its open cut and trenchless construction methods. The section provides underground sewer infrastructure design and construction services, and acts as primary or sub-contractor to construction firms and private developers.
This section also provides design, construction, project management and emergency repair services for the City of Edmonton and utility companies, other municipalities and other private clients.
- New sewer infrastructure projects such as tunnels, pipes, manholes, and wetlands
- Flood Prevention Program
- Neighbourhood renewal for sewer rehabilitation work in coordination with Transportation Services and other major utilities
- Design sewer structures such as pump stations, drill drop manholes, and trunk sewers
- Open cut and small diameter trenchless
- Tunnelling using tunnel boring machines in combination with traditional hand tunnelling to work deep beneath the surface on storm and sanitary projects
Business Development Services
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships
- Increase awareness about the organization’s expertise
- Secure projects throughout western Canada
- Provide project management services to other Design and Construction teams including cost estimating, scheduling, drafting, and surveying
- Assist Design and Construction project managers by creating and entering projects in the Systems, Applications and Products or SAP and processing progress payment of Design and Construction projects
- Manage the construction of sewer rehabilitation work using relining and open cut repair contractors
- Provide construction inspection services including project monitoring and control services, and reporting the daily progress of projects under construction
Together with the business development and technical services professionals, the Drainage Design and Construction team helped make 2011 a transformative year through design, construction, and tunnelling activities.
For more information:
Drainage Design and Construction
14323 - 115 Ave. NW